A spiced up version of your mom's pot pie.
• 1/2 cup red potato, diced 1/4"
• 1/2 cup carrot, diced 1/4"
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup onion, diced 1/4"
• 1/2 cup celery, diced 1/4"
• 1 can Serious Bean Co. Buckin Buffalo Beans
• 8 oz. cooked chicken, shredded
• 1 sheet puff pastry (or sub 1 sheet puff pastry "cups")
• 1 egg
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Blanche potato and carrot in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain.
Melt butter in skillet and saute vegetables over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
Add buffalo beans and chicken then stir until well coated.
Transfer mixture to shallow baking dish and spread evenly.
Drape puff pastry over baking dish & trim the edges to size.
Brush puff pastry with egg and place dish on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any filling overflow.
Bake until crush is golden brown and set - this should take approximately 12-15 minutes.
Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Yield: 4 servings