We love how simple this cheese dip is, and that it uses real cheese, butter and heavy cream. The recipe is fairly mild, so if you like a little extra spice you can add your favorite hot sauce to taste, or use pepper jack cheese instead of monterey jack.
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1 Cup white onion, diced
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 1/2 Cups heavy whipping cream
• 1 Can Serious Bean Co. Buckin' Buffalo Beans
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1 1/2 Cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
• 1 Cup shredded monterey jack cheese
• Cilantro and green onions for garnish
In a large pan (or cast iron skillet), melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the onions, jalapeño pepper and garlic until onions are translucent. Stir in the salt, cumin and paprika, then whisk in the heavy cream and heat until it starts to bubble. Stir in the can of beans and heat for another minute.
Remove pan from heat, and stir in the cream cheese until melted, then gradually add the shredded cheese and whisk until melted.
Return the pan to heat, and cook on medium until warm.
Garnish with cilantro and green onions and serve immediately! You can also put this into a slow cooker set to warm and keep it until ready to serve.