We like to take every opportunity to use chorizo in our kitchen, so this Mexican-inspired Chipotle bean and chorizo chili is at the top of our list at the moment. Take this one to your next chili cook-off and wow everyone with the intense flavors.
• 2 cans Serious Bean Co. Chipotle Beans
• 2 cans (2x 14.5oz.) petite diced tomatoes - drained
• 8oz. ground chorizo sausage (if using links, remove casings)
• 1/2 Cup sweet onion - diced
• 1 Cup corn
• 3/4 Cup water
• 1 tsp. kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp. black pepper
• Crumbled queso fresco cheese for garnish
• Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
• olive oil for sautéing
Pre-heat a medium to large sauté pan and add olive oil. Brown chorizo until cooked through and crumbled small. Drain excess liquid/fat. Pre-heat medium sauce pan, add olive oil and diced onion and cook until somewhat translucent. Add beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cooked chorizo sausage and water. Bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Add salt & pepper, stirring frequently. Serve immediately in bowls, garnished with queso fresco cheese & chopped cilantro.