This is comfort food right here! Spicy and cheesy, and easy to put together, too.
• 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 cup onion, diced 1/4"
• 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 can Serious Bean Co. Chipotle Beans
• 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
• 2 Tbsp caned diced green chiles
• 1/2 cup salsa
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp chili powder
• 8 oz. dry penne pasta, uncooked
• 4 oz. queso fresco, crumbled
• 6 oz. Oaxaca cheese, shredded
• 2 oz. cheddar jack cheese, shredded
• sour cream for garnish, optional
• chopped cilantro for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add oil, beef, vegetables, salt and pepper to skillet. Cook until beef is browned and onions are soft.
Add chipotle beans, canned tomatoes & chilies, salsa, cumin, and chili powder. Reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
Add hot pasta to bean and beef mixture, then stir until pasta is well coated.
Add queso fresco and Oaxaca cheese, then stir until well coated.
Transfer to a 9x9 baking dish.
Top with cheddar jack cheese, then bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated through.
Garnish with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Yield: 4-6 servings