• 2 slices raw bacon, diced 1/2"
• 1/4 onion, sliced thin
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp minced garlic
• 2 cups roasted turkey, hand shredded or cubed
• 1 can Serious Bean Co. Dr Pepper Baked Beans
• 1/2 cup Half & Half or heavy cream
• 1-1/2 cups butternut squash, cubed and roasted (Substitute other firm fall vegetables such as acorn squash, pumpkin, or sweet potatoes. Peel, cube & roast beforehand.)
• 1 16oz. package Gnocchi, prepared according to package directions
• 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
• 1 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
• 1/4 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Crisp the bacon in a pan over low heat. Once browned, transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel to drain.
Add the onion, salt, & pepper to the pan with the bacon drippings. Cook over low heat until lightly browned.
Increase heat to medium then add garlic and turkey. Stir until garlic begins to toast.
Add Dr Pepper beans, half & half (or heavy cream), & butternut squash. Continue stirring as needed.
Once butternut squash has heated through and sauce has thickened, add the cooked gnocchi, dried cranberries, and sage. Stir gently until gnocchi is evenly coated.
Transfer immediately to serving dishes and top each with Parmesan cheese and reserved bacon pieces.
YIELD: 4 servings