Braised Beef Ingredients
• 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
• 1 quart white onion, diced 1/4"
• 7-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, 1"x1"
• 1 Tbsp salt
• 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
• 1 #10 can Serious Bean Co Dr Pepper Baked Beans
• 2 quarts beef broth
• 1 Cup light brown sugar
Braised Beef Instructions
Heat the oven to 275°F.
Sauté onions in vegetable oil over medium heat until softened. Transfer to a steam table pan.
Working in batches (to not overcrowd the pan), brown the meat then transfer to the steam table pan with the onions and beef.
Drain the baked beans and add the liquid to the beef mixture. Set the beans aside.
Cover the beef mixture with a tight-fitting lid or foil, then simmer over low heat for two hours or until tender.
Once beef is tender, add sugar, reserved beans and stir.
Return the beef and bean mixture to the oven, uncovered, until sauce begins to thicken. This should take 10-15 minutes.
YIELD: Approximately 40-45 servings at 1/2 Cup each.
• 1 slice Sourdough toast or sliced baguette
• 1/2 each avocado
• sprinkle of salt
• sprinkle of black pepper
• 1/2 Cup Dr Pepper Braised Beef
• 2 each grape tomatoes, quartered
• Drizzle of balsamic vinegar glaze
• pinch of fresh parsley, chopped
Smash avocado, spread over toast, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Top avocado with approximately 1/2 Cup of Dr Pepper Bean Braised Beef.
Top with quartered tomatoes and garnish with balsamic glaze and chopped parsley.
YIELD: 1 serving