Our Jalapeño & Bacon beans make the perfect filling and the best sauce for these easy chicken enchiladas.
• 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup onion, diced 1/4"
• 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup chicken broth
• 8 oz. cooked chicken, chopped or shredded (approximately 2 cups)
• 1 can Serious Bean Co. Jalapeño & Bacon beans
• 1/4 cup salsa (for a less spicy version, substitute diced tomatoes or tomato sauce)
• 1 cup sour cream, divided
• 8 6" tortillas, flour or corn
• 1 cup mexican-style cheese blend or colby/jack blend, shredded
• pan coating spray, as needed
• additional sour cream & salsa for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350°F and heat a skillet over medium heat.
Add the oil, onions, and garlic to the skillet and stir occasionally.
Once the onions have softened, add the broth, chicken and half of the beans to the skillet.
Using a spoon, smash approximately 1/4 cup of the beans (already in the skillet) against the sides of the skillet to form a paste.
Reduce heat to low and stir the smashed beans into the chicken broth mixture. The starch from the beans will thicken the chicken broth and bind everything together to make a filling.
Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave until flexible enough to roll.
Lay the tortillas out on a flat surface and top each with an equal amount of filling - each tortilla should need approximately 1/4 cup.
Spray a 9x13 pan with pan coating, roll the tortillas closed and place seam-side down in the pan.
Mix the remaining 3/4 cup of sour cream with the remaining half can of beans, then spread evenly over the rolled tortillas.
Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the enchiladas and bake for approximately 10 minutes. Serve with additional sour cream and salsa as desired.
Yield: 3-4 servings depending on size.